8 Reasons Why Taking A Multivitamin Is Essential To Your Health
· Healthy aging: As we age, our nutritional needs increase. At the same time, it gets harder for the body to absorb nutrients. Medications can further deplete our body of nutrients. A multivitamin can offset these deficiencies.
· Good for your heart: Studies show that taking a high-quality multivitamin may reduce cardiovascular disease. Heart disease is the leading cause of death in both men and women in the U.S. Vitamins B1, B2, B6, K1, Niacin (B3), CoQ10 and magnesium, all play a role in cardiovascular health.
· Reduces cancer risk: Vitamin use has been associated with a decreased risk of some cancers. A recent study of 14,000 men aged 50 and older found that daily multivitamin supplementation “significantly reduced the risk of total cancer.”
· Boosts immunity: Vitamin C is a strong antioxidant known for strengthening the immune system. Vitamins D and E boost immunity, too. Vitamin C, Vitamin D, and Vitamin E can also help reduce allergy symptoms.
· Supports eye health: Vitamins A, C, E, Niacin (B3), and selenium support eye health. Lutein and Zeaxanthin also protect the eyes from harmful light waves. Studies have shown multivitamins containing a combination of vitamins, lutein, and zeaxanthin can reduce the risk of macular degeneration. Shop: Focus Vision Pod
· Water-soluble vitamins: Excess fat-soluble vitamins (Vitamin A, Vitamin D, Vitamin E, and Vitamin K) are stored in the body. Water-soluble vitamins (Vitamin B and Vitamin C) are not. Excess water-soluble vitamins simply travel through the body. This means it’s necessary to take these essential vitamins on a daily basis.
· Healthy hair and skin: New research says look for Vitamins B3 (Niacin), biotin, and Vitamin C for fuller hair. For healthy skin, look for Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, and CoQ10.
· Feel better: Thanks in large part to the Vitamin B family, taking a multivitamin is associated with a boost in energy levels, feelings of well-being, as well as a decrease in stress and anxiety. This alone, makes it worth staying compliant with a multivitamin routine